Thursday, April 16, 2009

Surprise visit

She landed...


The birds which regularly visit my feeders are mostly small birds, with blue jays and mourning doves weighing in on the large side to finches and hummingbirds at the small end of the scale.

Occasionally, a crow or two will make an appearance, but not very often. Imagine my surprise when this turkey landed to check out what was on offer for dinner! Unfortunately, she found nothing to her liking. Cracked corn is now on my shopping list. Hopefully, she will honor me with another visit.

She investigated...

She flew off into the sunset.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.
GOIN DOWN? HAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

my attys. have good reason to wait.

Anonymous said...

This must be a good year for wild turkeys on the Cape. I live in East Sandwich and had the grand-daddy gobbler in my yard last week!
You're in Sandwich too, aren't you? Do you have bluebirds?